Thursday, June 20, 2013

E3 2013

The E3 always comes a goes in a blink of an eye, and this year it was no exception.

For all of you that didn't know the E3 expo was last week, and I must say we got a few surprises here and there. We were able to stole sneek peaks of the upcoming video games, and saw the beginning of the battle of the new generation consoles.
Eventhough this year the E3 was technically  about the technological advances in computer and video games, for me it was all about the PS4 and Xbox One. I am a hardcore gamer,  not only because is my major, but mostly because since I have memory video games have been part of my life.
I'm still a bit dissapointed with Nintendo, since it seems unable to compete with Sony and Microsoft. The only game worth mentioning for the Wii-U is Disney Infinity, which is coming out in a little bit over a month, but is also going to be available for the Xbox 360 and PS3.
Talking about Disney, Square Enix made some pretty cool announcements about Kingdom Heart III, the story is finally coming to an end (better late than never). They also mention Final Fantasy XIV and a little bit about the remake of Final Fantasy X. I used to be a big fan of Final Fantasy (specially FF VII), but now i just think is too much.
Also Ubisoft gave us a glance to the upcoming Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and Splinter Cell's Blacklist. Both games I'm really looking forward to. A little bit more Assassin's Creed since is going to be about pirates, how cool is that, and I also love the previous ones (I and II more than the third one).
Sega and Konami were also present but they weren't a big highlight of it so I don't have much to say.
One more thing Android games are becoming more and more popular specially this year. I kind of want to try Deux Ex: The Fall coming up for Androids and iOS platforms... it already got some awards.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment