Tuesday, June 18, 2013

1 Litre of Tears



 
There are not many dramas that can touch your heart, even less ones that stay with you and never go away.
 
1 Litre of Tears is one of those dramas that evoke so many feeling, from happiness to sadness, to hope and despair. It is one of those stories without a happy ending, but what differentiates from others is that is based on the true story of a high school girl name Aya, who against all odds live until she was 25 years old. Aya was diagnosed with spinocerebellar degeneration, and the drama portrays how drastically her life and the lives close to her change.
 
This j-drama is the one responsible of launching the acting career of Sawajiri Erika. So thats why I'm a bit torn to learn that a K-drama remake is coming soon. MBC announced some a while ago that they are re doing a new version of '1L". Park Bo Young is making her comeback to the small screen after almost 5 years of hiatus, to play the main role.
 
I really like Park Bo Young, but then again I'm not quite sure if I'll like her portrayal of Aya as much as I liked Sawajiri Erika's. I'm not even sure if  the drama will live to the high expectations fans already have.
 
I have always love the k-versions of dramas, but this dorama is one of my favorites of all times. Every time I re-watch it I can't stop the tears. The only thing I'm looking forward is that maybe they will tackle it from a different side like in That Winter, The Wind Blows.
 
 
 



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment